Microsoft offers a guide that helps companies involved in the design and manufacture of new products to understand the benefits of a collaborative product development solution based on the Microsoft Office System. It describes one way in which a collaborative product development solution could be developed for a manufacturing organization.
Although the guide does not include detailed implementation procedures, it provides enough information to understand the business challenges that can be addressed using the Microsoft Office System.
Included in the guide:
- Business challenges and solutions
- Benefits of collaborative product development solutions that use the Microsoft Office System
- A sample solution architecture
- Infrastructure considerations of a sample solution
- Next steps in evaluating or implementing a collaborative product development solution
- Pointers to partner-developed solutions and case studies
- Microsoft’s approach to Collaborative Product Development
- Download the Guide
- An example collaborative product development solution in action