Wired magazine has published its 10th annual list of the most innovative companies in the world, featuring companies that are masters of innovation and technology, as well as global thinkers that dominate their industries and point the way to the future.
The top ten of the 40 companies are:
- News Corp
- General Electric
The magazine also traces 6 business trends for 2007:
- The See-Through CEO
- Fire the publicist. Go off message. Let all your employees blab and blog. In the new world of radical transparency, the path to business success is clear.
- Desktop, R.I.P.
- Computing is moving off your machine and into the cloud.
- 2-Way Talk
- Customers yap. Businesses listen. Everyone’s happy.
- Merge With Care
- Complicated partnerships are so passÃ©: M&A doesn’t have to be a gooey mess.
- Fat Pipes
- Faster connections open new markets and rescue old ones.
- Green Power
- Solar, ethanol, nukes ‘” alternative energy is hot.