Forrester’s Brian Hopkins has identified 10 tech trends that enterprise architects (EA) should be watching through 2014. The report, “The Top 10 Technology Trends EA Should Watch: 2012 To 2014”, identifies trends that are expected to have a strong impact on IT over the next few years.
The 10 technology trends on Forrester’s watchlist through 2014 fall under four categories: Application platforms, integration, infrastructure and operations, and mobile computing. Forrester rates each technology trend by IT impact, business impact, newness and complexity.
The Top Ten
- Elastic Application Platforms Emerge
- Platform as a Service Crosses the Chasm
- Data Services, Virtualization Reach Critical Mass
- Holistic Integration Enables Agile Enterprises
- Social IT Becomes Enterprise Plumbing
- Improved Virtualization Sets Stage for Private Cloud
- Always On, Always Available Is the New Expectation
- Network Architecture Evolves to Meet Cloud Demands
- Personal Device Momentum Changes Mobile-Platform Strategy
- ‘App Internet’ Ushers in the Next Generation of Computing
- eWeek.com slideshow on Forrester’s Top 10 Tech Trends in Enterprise IT
- ReadWriteWeb: Forrester’s Top 10 Tech Trends for Enterprise Architects
- Forrester Research: The Top 10 Technology Trends EA Should Watch: 2012 To 2014