The Chicago Technology Plan highlights 28 initiatives within five broad strategies that together will enable Chicago to realize its vision of becoming the city where technology fuels opportunity, inclusion, engagement, and innovation.
Two of the strategies are foundational that enable Chicago’ s residents and businesses to be digitally-connected and engaged. Three growth strategies build on this foundation of technological strength. Together, these five technology-focused strategies provide the path to solidifying Chicago’ s place as one of the world’ s leading cities.
- Next-Generation Infrastructure – Establish next-generation infrastructure that enables residents and businesses to become more digitally-engaged.
- Every Community a Smart Community – Ensure the full participation of all Chicago residents and businesses in the digital economy through training and engagement programs that make technology relevant, useful, and productive.
- Efficient, Effective, and Open Government – Leverage data and new technology to make government more efficient, effective, and open.
- Civic Innovation – Work with civic technology innovators to develop creative solutions to city challenges.
- Technology Sector Growth – Encourage the vibrancy of Chicago’ s Technology Sector by attracting and retaining STEM professionals and supporting the creation and expansion of technology companies.
Via Data-Smart City Solutions: The Chicago Tech Plan: Building a Model for Cities and Technology