Urenio Watch Watch: Digital Cities / Cyber Cities

Apps4Thessaloniki competition

appforgreece_logoAfter the completion and submission of the web and mobile applications by the candidates , the Apps4Thessaloniki contest concludes with a presentation and awarding ceremony of the most valuable applications that attracted the interest of the citizens of Thessaloniki, the Municipality of Thessaloniki and the special award committee.

It is worth mentioning that apart the special committee judgement of the winning applications , the participation of citizens in Thessaloniki with their votes had a key role in shaping the outcome .
Some interesting figures about the first competition Apps4Thessaloniki are the following:

1. More than 70.000 people visited the website of the contest
2. 80% were from Greece and the rest 20% came from different countries asthe U.S.A., Germany, U.K. to S. Africa, Cyprus, Ireland and Australia.
3. Two hundred twenty (220) people submitted ideas for new applications and about 3000 people voted them.
4. Fourteen (14) ready for use applications have been submitted.
5. Until thec26th of March 2014 more than 900 people voted those applications.

The competition has been organized by the Municipality of Thessaloniki in collaboration with the Open Knowledge Foundation of Greece (Open Knowledge Foundation Greece, OKFN Greece) and URENIO Research Unit AUTH.

The awarding ceremony of the competition will be held on Thursday, April 3rd , in the hall of the Municipal Council of the City Hall of Thessaloniki at 19:00 .
– See more at: http://thessaloniki.appsforgreece.eu/