The five chapters featured in this FreeBook, brought to you by Routledge, share the goal of making urban areas functional, attractive, and sustainable. The publisher aims to highlight some of his newest practitioner-oriented titles and illustrate the global scope of the work being done in this field.
The focus on practicality in Urban Design makes this FreeBook an ideal resource for urban design practitioners, but it should also prove useful to professionals across the Built Environment, including those in architecture, planning and even urban geographers and policymakers. Although we conceived Urban Design as a cohesive whole, we also encourage you to jump around and take advantage of the chapters that have the most relevance to you.
- THE STREET (From The Urban Section: An Analytical Tool for Cities and Streets by Robert Mantho)
- FOOD & BUSINESS: A BIRD IN THE HAND IS WORTH TWO IN THE BUSH (From Food City by CJ Lim)
- TRANSFORMATIONS: URBANISM AS TRANSFORMATION (From Designing Urban Transformation by Aseem Inam)
- PEOPLE, PLACES, AND WELL-BEING (from Planning Small and Mid-Sized Towns: Designing and Retrofitting for Sustainability by Avi Friedman)
- EVERYDAY SOCIAL BEHAVIOR AS A BASIS FOR DESIGN (from The Street: A Quintessential Social Public Space by Vikas Mehta)