The Governance Lab published a set of case studies examining how public institutions are using new data-rich tools’”that the Lab calls technologies of expertise’”to match the supply of citizen and civil servant talent to the demand for it in government to solve problems.
The case studies explore the design and key features of these novel platforms; how they are being implemented; the challenges encountered by both creators and users and the anticipated impact of these new ways of working. They belong to the following four technologies of expertise:
- Talent Bank ‘“ Professional, social and knowledge networks
- Collaboration ‘“ Platforms for group work across silos
- Project Platforms ‘“ Places for inviting new participants to work on projects
- Toolkits ‘“ Repositories for shared content
These case studies were inspired by Smart Citizens, Smarter State book by Beth Simone Noveck.
- Visit the Smarter State Case Studies Website
- Download the presentation
- Smart Citizens, Smarter State book