Data Innovation Day 2017: Building Smart Cities for Tomorrow’s Data Economy is a one-day conference organized by the Center for Data Innovation and will be held on 28th March 2017 in Brussels. Center for Data Innovation is one of the leading global think tanks exploring the intersection of data, technology and public policy.
This conference is considered to be a high-level forum for policymakers, thought leaders, and other experts to raise awareness about the benefits and opportunities that will arise from the data revolution and discuss the positive steps that government can take to support the development, adoption, and use of emerging data-driven technologies.
Building Smart Cities for Tomorrow’ s Data Economy
This year the conference’s theme is entitled “Building Smart Cities for Tomorrow’ s Data Economy“. Smart cities have many important objectives: make public transport more practical, ease road traffic, cut carbon emissions and increase energy efficiency, enhance social care for people who are older or disabled, provide government services more efficiently, boost the local economy, cut red tape, and even fight crime. While a number of European cities have begun exploring smart city projects, more should be done to ensure that Europe becomes a global leader in smart cities and that associated industries and firms that support them.
Through this conference, it is aimed to open a discussion with leading experts from industry and government about the future of smart cities and the steps policymakers should take to lead the way in the development of smart cities.
Panels of Discussion
- What is the “Killer App’ for Smart Cities?
- How Will the Internet of Things and Data Analytics Reshape Public Transport?
- How Can Smart Cities Empower Citizens With Personal Data?
- How Can Cities Move From Pilot Projects to Implementation?
- Date and Time: Tuesday 28 March 2017, 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Location: RÃ©sidence Palace ‘“ International Press Centre, Polak Room, Rue de la Loi 155, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
- Registration: Free
- Visit the conference website